We’re looking for a Social Media Associate to join our team.
What we’re looking for:
The Social Media Associate will coordinate, create, and execute on social media marketing, communications, and engagement for our suite of political campaigns, organizations, and other clients.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Setup, manage, monitor, and update social media platforms for our clients, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok, and more.
- Create social media strategies that align with client digital and political strategies to achieve client objectives.
- Develop and work with our creative team to generate and create high-quality, original, and timely social media content for posting on client social media platforms.
- Ensure the brand, tone, and voice of social media content and posts are reflective of each client as a unique, individual entity.
- Create content calendars for each client including targeted, specific, and timely social media posts.
- Manage, organize, and maintain client social content, assets, and other key items.
- Provide regular reporting to improve and/or optimize post performance and make recommendations to our team / the client for future posts.
Experience and Competencies:
- 1-3 years of social media management experience.
- Experience working in the digital space, ideally in a political campaign or organization, digital marketing agency, or other related team.
- Strong interest in politics including knowledge of current races, political campaigns, and national and world events. You should be someone who follows Politico on Twitter, Likes key campaigns on Facebook, or reads the Playbook in your email each morning.
- Experience with key digital strategies, email marketing practices, text messaging, social media, and other key technologies. You’re likely subscribed to hundreds of email lists or social media campaigns, just to see what others are doing in the space. The latest updates on the homepage of TechCrunch is something you are familiar with.
- Hands-on experience working with social media platforms, HTML and CSS, HTML tools (i.e. Dreamweaver), Internet technologies (i.e. FTP), peer-to-peer (p2p) texting services, email service providers (i.e. Iterable, MailChimp, etc.), and WordPress or other CMS solutions.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.) is greatly preferred.
- Experience with PC or Mac operating systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including experience using formulas in Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strategic thinker with a customer-first mindset.
- Strong ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to key stakeholders.
- Organized, self-starting team player who can prioritize, multi-task and has a desire to grow in the role.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members.
- Flexibility and ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment, often under tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Compensation, Benefits, and More:
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. The position includes inclusion in company bonus structure, as well as employer paid health insurance, 401k eligibility, paid-time off, parking, and more (expect doughnuts on a much too-frequent basis). This is a full-time position based out of our Alexandria, Virginia headquarters.
Interested applicants should fill out an application below.