We’re looking for a Junior Accountant to join our team.
What we’re looking for:
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent college graduate or entry-level professional looking to work in a high-volume, fast-paced accounting function with one of the most established political agencies in the Washington, DC area. While not required, having an interest/passion for politics is a definite plus!
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Support the accounting team with various daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes.
- Duties may include performing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, entering transactions into Quickbooks, monthly invoicing, and performing bank reconciliations.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Prior relevant college, internship, or professional experience.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion for confidential work, information, and sensitive situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organized, self-starting team player who can prioritize, multi-task, maintain a professional demeanor, and has a desire to grow in the role.
- Flexibility and ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment, often under tight deadlines.
- Experience in QuickBooks is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including experience using formulas in Excel.
Compensation, Benefits, and More:
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. The position includes inclusion in company bonus structure, as well as employer paid health insurance, 401k eligibility, paid-time off, parking, and more (expect doughnuts on a much too-frequent basis). This is a full-time position located in our Alexandria, Virginia headquarters.
Interested applicants should fill out an application below.