We’re looking for an Email Marketing Coordinator to join our team.
What we’re looking for:
The Email Marketing Coordinator will help design, develop, and implement the email marketing strategy for many of our most critical and high-profile campaigns, organizations, and other clients. In this role, the Email Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for managing all facets of end-to-end email marketing campaigns, testing, personalization, reporting and measuring KPIs. The Coordinator will be part of the political team but will also be a partner with other cross-functional teams such as data, technology, and strategy to ensure program success.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Manage all areas of email marketing campaigns including launching new emails aligned with client and business goals.
- Design, code, test, and deploy all HTML emails using our partner email service providers. Ensure emails are properly deployed including mobile optimization and personalization.
- Coordinate email send delivery with partners, team members, customers, and other vendors.
- Ensure proper proofing and testing of creative to ensure accuracy, clarity, and exceed expectations.
- Follow industry best practices for email engagement (i.e. opens, clicks, interactions) and troubleshoot technical challenges with email service providers, partners, and internal resources to ensure satisfactory product delivery (i.e. design, formatting, inboxing).
- Conduct competitive research, stay current on industry trends, and identify best practices for all email programs, landing pages, and other critical tools and assets.
- Experience with key digital strategies, email marketing practices, and the latest technologies. You’re also likely subscribed to hundreds of email lists, just to see what others are doing in the space.
- Strong interest in politics including knowledge of current races, political campaigns, and national and world events. You should be someone who follows Politico on Twitter, likes key campaigns on Facebook, or reads the Playbook in your email each morning.
- 2+ years as an email or digital marketing manager, preferably in a political agency, campaign, or organization.
- Hands-on experience working with HTML and email service providers (Iterable, SendGrid, BlueHornet, MAPP, Paramount, etc.).
- Working experience with HTML, HTML tools (i.e. Dreamweaver) and Internet technologies (i.e. FTP).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including experience using formulas in Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strategic thinker with a customer-first mindset.
- Strong ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to key stakeholders.
- Organized, self-starting team player who can prioritize, multi-task and has a desire to grow in the role.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members.
- Flexibility and ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment, often under tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Compensation, Benefits, and More:
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. The position includes inclusion in company bonus structure, as well as employer paid health insurance, 401k eligibility, paid-time off, parking, and more (expect doughnuts on a much too-frequent basis). This is a full-time position located in our Alexandria, Virginia headquarters.
Interested applicants should fill out an application below.