We’re looking for an Account Executive to join our team.
What we’re looking for:
The account executive will develop, implement and execute innovative digital solutions for a number of our most critical and high-profile clients, including political campaigns, organizations, issue advocacy groups, and more. You’ll use your experience and expertise in political strategy, online fundraising, email communications, online advertising, social media, websites, data management, and more – all with the ultimate responsibility of exceeding client goals and ensuring their digital success.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- You’ll be the primary interface with your clients and manage all aspects of those accounts.
- Each day, you’ll use your expertise and experience to ensure client success in all digital areas, including (but certainly not limited to) online fundraising, advertising, social media, websites, data, and ensuring these solutions mirror political / campaign goals.
- Generate fundraising content, format HTML email, and utilize an email service provider to deliver timely messages to your client’s email file.
- Update and/or monitor client social media presence, campaign website, and more.
- Develop creative concepts for online advertising and social media campaigns.
- Communicate with clients on recent results and opportunities for improved engagement by utilizing key metrics, reporting techniques, and analytics tools.
- Work collaboratively with other team members, including designers, developers, marketers, fundraisers, writers and sales professionals to identify, implement, and further key client goals.
- Appreciation and enthusiasm for campaign hours and commitment: it won’t always be 9 to 5, but the work and team is worth it.
- 3-5 years experience working in the digital space, ideally in a political campaign or organization, digital marketing agency, or other related team.
- Strong interest in politics including knowledge of current races, political campaigns, and national and world events. You should be someone who follows Politico on Twitter, Likes key campaigns on Facebook, or reads the Playbook in your email each morning.
- Experience with key digital strategies, email marketing practices, and the latest technologies. You’re likely subscribed to hundreds of email lists or social media campaigns, just to see what others are doing in the space. The latest updates on the homepage of TechCrunch is something you are familiar with.
- Copywriting ability including crafting creative content, fundraising appeals, urgent updates, and accurately capturing a clients “voice” to maximize effectiveness.
- Hands-on experience working with HTML and CSS, HTML tools (i.e. Dreamweaver), Internet technologies (i.e. FTP), email service providers (i.e. Iterable, MailChimp, BlueHornet, etc.), and WordPress or other CMS solutions.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.) is greatly preferred.
- Understanding of advertising solutions, including Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Experience with PC or Mac operating systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including experience using formulas in Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strategic thinker with a customer-first mindset.
- Strong ability to communicate (written and verbally) complex ideas effectively to key stakeholders.
- Organized, self-starting team player who can prioritize, multi-task and has a desire to grow in the role.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members.
- Flexibility and ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment, often under tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Compensation, Benefits, and More:
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. The position includes inclusion in company bonus structure, as well as employer paid health insurance, 401k eligibility, paid-time off, parking, and more (expect doughnuts on a much too-frequent basis). This is a full-time position located in our Alexandria, Virginia headquarters.
Interested applicants should fill out an application below.